Oct 27, 2010


Labels: , , , ,

Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra plans to direct next year

Veteran Bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra is planning to wield the megaphone again in 2011 after a gap of six years. His last directorial venture was Indo-Pak love story 'Veer-Zaara' in 2004, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta.

The 78-year-old director is synonymous with romance in the Indian film industry with his films like 'Waqt', 'Kabhi Kabhie', 'Silsila', 'Chandni', 'Lamhe' and 'Dil To Pagal Hai'.
"I will be directing a film next year and like my other films, it will be shot in Switzerland," Chopra said without divulging details.

Chopra was in the city to receive 'Swiss Ambassador's Award 2010' for his contribution in promoting Switzerland through his cinema. He was accompanied by his wife and Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone.
While Deepika has worked in his home production-Yash Raj films, Chopra said he would love to cast her in his next movie.

He is called the 'King of Romance' in Bollywood but Chopra finds Imtiaz Ali most romantic director in the present lot of filmmakers. "Every director makes a romantic film in his own style. I have my own style. In young breed of directors, I like Imtiaz Ali. ' Jab we met' was a wonderfully romantic movie."

When asked about his fixation with Switzerland, the filmmaker said, "I honeymooned in Switzerland and then I roamed the whole country by car and that's when I fell in love with its beauty. "There is no bureaucracy, no permission involved. I can shoot my films right after alighting from the plane! There is zero crime. So it is wonderful going there every time."  -PTI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your comments

Online

Site Meter